Quick and easy was the motto for making this greeting card, and it looks wonderful. The dragonfly is put together first and is a really nice element. This card used handmade card sketch #36.
You’ll need these supplies:
- card blank
- pattern paper, size of the card blank front
- cardstock; light and dark colors to make die cuts and 2 inch strip
- ribbon; 1 inch longer than the length of the card
- plastic gem
- glue, xyron, glue dots, tape; personal preference
- chalk and markers; used to embellish the die cuts
- Sizzix dragonfly die
- Sizzix sizzlets alpha: Girls are Weird; h,i
Card Making Instructions:
- Create the dragonfly element by cutting two, one light and one dark. Snip off the wings of the light dragonfly and attach to the dark one. Chalk and ink the wings to add dimension. Glue on the jewel for the head and allow to dry.
- Position the ribbon at the top of the 2-inch strip and tape the ends to the back of it. Attach the strip to the pattern paper.
- Cut out the h and i from the card stock and run them through the Xyron, build them on the bottom right side corner of the card stock strip.
- Attach the dragonfly to the card in the upper left hand corner.